[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” custom_padding=”37.9063px|0px|0px|0px”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]

The Project

For this assignment, we created an ad campaign to run on Social Media to highlight a spring break vacation package.

  1. Create 3 cover images for Facebook — these should be individually designed with key differences in features (i.e. don’t just change the background color etc.) Design to correct size.
  2. Create 1 Twitter cover photo option. Design to correct size.
  3. Create: a logo-esque image with a spring feel you could “overlay” on pictures as a Snapchat geofilter. (This is a transparent overlay, so make sure to save the file in the proper format)
  4. Label and organize your layers
  5. Write a blog post about your campaign, company and what you hope to accomplish. Include a disclaimer that this is for educational purposes only and that you are not affiliated with the brand.
  6. Submit .PSD files(s) and 5 .jpgs (3 Facebook Cover Photos, 1 Twitter, 1 Snapchat geofilter)

 

Why I Chose This Direction

I’m from Texas. A LOT of people go to the beach on Spring Break… It’s actually quite nuts from what I hear (I’ve never been). My thought was to do a sort of humerous set of ads that showed people in miserable situations they might be stuck in. These are what I thought of:

  • Somebody stuck in the cold weather
  • Somebody stuck in their desk
  • Somebody stuck at a grumpy aunt’s house.

The Elements

I decided to do a color shape set as a mulitply layer as the base for my content section. After deciding that this place would focus on BEACH vacations, I came up with the green wave. Also, as a agency that deals with beaches, I needed to create a quick company logo, so threw together the little brand “VoyageSouth” 

I knew I needed a unifying look or color or something. I played around with MANY different ideas. The original plan was to use all different color schemes. As I worked on these designs, I kept changing ideas. In the end, I used the same fonts and colors but changed the color of the main question. I initially tried to match these to an element in each image, but that didn’t happen.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text text_orientation=”center”]

THREE FACEBOOK COVER IMAGES

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row use_custom_gutter=”on” gutter_width=”2″ background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0.08)” custom_margin=”|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FB1-Stuck-out-in-the-cold.jpg” align=”center”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FB2-Stuck-to-your-Desk.jpg” align=”center”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FB3-Stuck-at-Aunt-Myrtles.jpg” align=”center”][/et_pb_image][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/FB-Mockup-cold.jpg”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text text_orientation=”center”]

THE TWITTER IMAGE

For this one, I designed a fourth image rather than manipulate a former one to fit twitter.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row use_custom_gutter=”on” gutter_width=”2″ background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0.08)” custom_margin=”|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Twitter-Mockup-Proj-13.jpg” align=”center”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text text_orientation=”center”]

THE TWITTER IMAGE

For this one, I designed a fourth image rather than manipulate a former one to fit twitter.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row use_custom_gutter=”on” gutter_width=”2″ custom_padding=”|||10px” background_color=”rgba(0,0,0,0.08)” custom_margin=”|||”][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Geofilter-1.png” align=”center”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”http://jeffstapleton.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Geofilter-1.jpg”][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text]

What I would Do Differently

In looking at these images, if I were to do it again, I’d change the question text to use the same color on EACH image. I’d also use a different type of layer style. I used an opaque MULTIPLY layer, but with the images being different, the colors rendered differently from each other.

I’m also not a huge fan of the snapchat geofilter. The wave crashing in the middle of the frame isn’t exactly what I had planned.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]